The newly formed GO Communications Group announces that they have acquired one of Thailand’s leading Public Relations agencies DC Consultants.
This is the first step in GO Communications regional expansion plans.
The GO Communications Group also includes GO Communications Malaysia, voted Malaysia’s best Public Relations agency.
Within the next 12 months the GO Communications Group will embark on a strategic acquisition exercise aimed at building Asia’s largest independent Public Relations network.
Negotiations are already underway with Public Relations agencies in Indonesia, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Sri Lanka.
The newly formed Group Board will comprise of GO Communications Group Chairman, Bob Chua, Michael de Kretser CEO of GO Malaysia, Peter de Kretser COO and Danai Chanchaochai, CEO of DC Consultants Thailand.
Speaking about GO Communications Group’s geographic expansion plans, Bob Chua commented, “Public Relations has today become a critical component of every company’s marketing plans, and our regional and vertical depth are increasingly well placed to cater to Asia’s increasingly sophisticated communication demand.”
“Both multinational and local companies in the region are beginning to understand that Public Relations is a cost effective and potent tool to build brands, awareness, create promotional campaigns and most importantly increase the bottom line.” Chua added, “through our geographic expansion we can provide these tools, innovation and coverage to organisations throughout the region and beyond.”
GO Communications Malaysia CEO Michael de Kretser added, “we are extremely excited about this formation, and what’s in store in the coming months. The Group structure as well as momentum behind us will enable the scale and depth required to really position us as the leading Communications group in the region.”
DC Consultants CEO Danai Chanchaochai said, “as part of the GO Communications Group, we will now have more ammunition and greater resources to service clients.”
“We can tap into the expertise of individuals in our regional network, assessing knowledge and skills from IT, health, finance and consumer practices,” he added.
Mr. Danai added, “the GO Communications Group will also have the ability to work effectively in both local and English languages.”
The strategic acquisition of PR agencies in the region enables the GO Communications Group to compete on the same playing field as multinational Public Relations agencies, with the added advantages of local management, expertise and cultural awareness.
In today’s sophisticated communications world, there is no longer ‘above the line’ and ‘below the line’ thinking by clients. Clients are seeking advice for the most effective communications strategies to increase market share.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
He added, “the group plans to invest in building and developing people’s talents and expertise in each country in which the Group will operate.”
The partnering of the Pulse Group and GO Communications Group has brought with it an important synergy in providing clients an increased range of resources in the powerful digital and social arena.
The GO Communications Group has also appointed two sporting icons – golfer Stewart Ginn and footballer Abbas Saad – as Sports Brand Directors. The sporting champions will support the Group’s sporting and promotional events in the region.
Ginn, before retiring from the international golfing circuit, won over 60 tournaments worldwide and Abbas, played professional football for both Singapore and Australia.
To further improve regional servicing, the GO Communications Group has also appointed a Chief Regional Editor and a Digital Director who will oversee the online and social network.
The Group takes the development of talent seriously and believes in giving its people opportunities for growth.
The Group provides incentives for staff to build long term careers.
They include a policy of inviting world experts in social media, digital and CSR to provide workshops for staff. In addition cultural exchange visits are implemented for colleagues to spend time in overseas Group offices.
About DC Consultants
- DC Consultants has a staff force of over 50 people.
- Clients include The world’s first Cartoon Network Amazone Waterpark, Yunomori Onsen Thailand’s first Onsen soda spa, Coca-Cola (Thailand), Thai Military Bank (TMB), B.GRIMM, River City, Wacoal, Bank of Ayudhya (BAY), Nakornthon Hospital, Siam Kempinksi Hotel, TATA Motors (Thailand), Jobsdb.com, Sosuco, EMRO Asia, KSC internet and Biz Solutions, and JVK International Movers.
- The CEO Mr. Danai Chanchaochai is a leading 20 year veteran in the Thailand Public Relations industry.
- Mr. Danai Chanchaochai has been given many awards including – International Vesak Ambassador 2012 from the Buddhist Global Conference Committee, Top 100 Executive from Who? Magazine, Thailand and Young Ambassador for Peace Youth Federation for Peach (Thailand).
- He has presented at numerous speaking engagements for marketing, PR strategies, crisis communications and Dharma to private agencies, government and state owned enterprises plus academic institutions.
- Mr. Chanchaochai has published numerous books including the King’s Dharma 2011 and White Ocean Strategy.
- Major campaigns have included the D’ Ambassador Thailand campaign, Don’t Drive Drunk campaign and the National campaign to encourage reading habits.
- In addition Mr. Chanchaochai is advisor for the National Children and Youth Council (2011-2013), member for the state – owned enterprises award committee (2011) and advisor to the Bangkok governor currently.
- In 2011, DC Consultants achieved an increased turnover of 86% compared to 2010.
About GO Communications (Malaysia)
- The founders of GO Communications (Malaysia) are Michael de Kretser (Chief Executive Officer) and Peter de Kretser (Chief Operating Officer).
- The Chairman of GO Communications (Malaysia) is Bob Chua.
- Clients include Hotels Properties Ltd. (HPL), TNT Express, Gleneagles Hospital, Tourism Victoria, Mattel, Fisher-Price, Nikon, Celebrity Fitness, Optimax, Berjaya (Kenny Rogers Roasters), Sunway (Sunway Lagoon Resort), Orbusneisch and The National Kidney Foundation.
- The staff strength over 30 people.
- De Kretser was the first Public Relations professional in Malaysia in 75 years to be recognised in the international Who’s Who.
- De Kretser was listed as one of the top 50 business leaders in Malaysia by the Expatriate Lifestyle Magazine.
- GO Communications Malaysia was voted the Best PR Agency (2009-2011).
- Peter de Kretser is the Chairman of the Public Relations for the International Advertising Association (Malaysia).
- In 2011 GO achieved an increased turnover of 42% and an increased profit of 28% compared to 2010.
- GO Communications colleagues (Malaysia) awards include the Gold Medal for crisis management (SARS campaign).